Prolonged exposure to contaminated air leads to the following changes in the human body:
- Changes in the respiratory system such as problems with the lungs, breathing difficulties, wheezing, bronchitis, coughing, asthma attacks, and so on
- Problems with the blood’s absorption of oxygen, which can cause diseases of the circulatory and the central nervous systems
- Lower immunity to various types of infection (the human immune system can be seriously weakened)
- Damage to internal organs as the kidneys, liver, adrenal glands – and also our bones
- Fertility problems
- The accumulation of contaminants in the body can cause neoplastic changes, including various types of cancer.